EQT Children’s Theater Festival @ Home – Frog Stop Scavenger Hunt
While this edition of the 2021 festival is virtual, there is so much to explore! One of the most popular activities each year at the festival is the Frog Stop Scavenger Hunt which guides families throughout the Cultural District, and we’ve designed a Frog Stop Scavenger Hunt for you to complete wherever you choose! Make, watch, learn, move, help, and read with us.
Participate in at least 4 out of the 6 categories below and submit photos of your participation. Take one of our suggestions or get creative and try your own activity!
All activities on the festival site are included in the Frog Stop Scavenger Hunt!
Each participant will be entered to win a prize from our Frog Stop partners The Milkshake Factory and you could be featured on Pittsburgh Cultural Trust social media channels!
Submissions are open through Sunday, May 16, 2021.
What can you make at home? The sky is the limit!
- Color your own milkshake (and as a bonus, if you are 12 or under, redeem one of the completed coloring pages at the Milkshake Factory for a free kids’ shake)
- Help make dinner with your grown-up using the family gumbo recipe provided by musician Terrance Simien about teaching kids to cook.
- Create your own milkshake at home from Frog Stop partner, The Milkshake Factory.
- Experience a sensory-friendly activity with Jumping Jack Theater
There are lots of things you can watch and listen to at home!
- Watch a featured performance from the EQT Children’s Theater Festival:
- MacHomer brings the Simpsons characters to MacBeth
- Under 5’s will enjoy We Cover the Universe
- Magic abounds in the interactive University of Wonder and Imagination
- Enjoy new takes on Aesop’s Fables with David Gonzalez’ Aesop Bops!
- Enjoy a song from Dan and Claudia Zanes recorded just for the EQT Children’s Theater Festival.
- Watch a Steel City Lego creation timelapse
- Listen to a brand new song from Pittsburgh Youth Chorus
Every day is a chance to learn something new!
- Discover chess with the Queen’s Gambit Chess Institute
- Learn to increase your comedy skills with Penny Arcade
- Take part in a virtual animal encounter with our friends from the Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Take some time to move your body! Find some exciting movement activities from our partners.
- Move with the Trust Arts Education Department's Air Painting.
- Dance the seasons or try a sensory-friendly exploration of dance and movement with Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre.
- Move with Attack Theater’s new project Art Transports Us
Can you help someone with kind words or kind actions?
- Write a letter to a neighbor or friend
- Donate non-perishable food items from your pantry to a community drop-off location
- Help your grown up tidy the house
It’s the perfect time to read! Explore our recommendations and check out digital copies of your favorite books or discover something new.
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems
- Pete the Cat books by Kimberly and James Dean
- Use the Hoopla and Libby apps with your Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh library card.
- Get curated book recommendations from the Carnegie Library for all ages on their website.
- For pre-teens and teens, check our book recommendations from the Teen Ambassadors who help plan Bookish in the ‘Burgh’s Pittsburgh’s Teen Book Festival presented by Riverstone Books.